Monday, June 24, 2013

Back to reality

Birthday festivities done and back to reality. When I picked up Rainbow yesterday I wasn't sure what kind of a wild horse would greet me after 4 days in the field, but she was fine. A little bit alert as it was really windy, so she had to do a little spook jump when the bushes moved, but she was a good girl and followed me nicely back to the yard, although none of the others were brought in at the same time. 





I didn't ride yesterday, as had a friend staying over after the birthday festivities and had been busy entertaining at home. By the time I got R back to the yard I just brushed her a bit, picked feet and gave her her evening tea. She was also quite tired and was dozing off when I was brushing her. 

I felt quite tired this morning and was struggling to get up but had agreed to go out on a hack with a friend and be ready at 9:30am. We had a nice hack around one of the usual routes and we had a little canter on the side of the field too. Rainbow was leading and behaved really well again. Brakes worked and she didn't want to rodeo, which was good. I am getting braver ;). I am gaining confidence with her and have actually started to think I might be able to take her out in 'public' soon. I realised afterwards that this ride was the first ride of my 30s...! So here's to more of the same and good times with my pony.




No comments:

Post a Comment